Cooking - Can you really save energy while doing it? And does it mater? The answer is yes. Cooking is something that we have to do in order to eat but that doesn’t mean that you can’t still save energy in the process. For this reason, we have a small list of things that you can do;
- Firstly, you could look into convection ovens as these are more efficient than conventional ovens. By using fans to push the hot air around, the temperature doesn’t have to be quite so high. In comparison, convection ovens are thought to use 20% less electricity.
- When you use pans, make sure you put them on the appropriately-sized flame.
- Wherever possible, use microwaves as these use up to 80% less energy than traditional ovens.
- Using pressure cookers can reduce the cooking time of an item significantly.
- By using the lids that come with pans, you can also reduce cooking time and therefore energy usage.
- Finally, food should always be cooked on the top tray in a conventional oven as heat rises.